A few years ago I read in a Jewish newspaper that JCCs around the country offer
less and less Judaic programs because the leadership feels that it does not
attract young customers.  I fear that Center libraries and some synagogue
libraries are pressured to fill the void  so with dwindling budget they
purchase less books and offer more programs.  The space gradually changes.
Some shelves disappear to make room for meetings and programs spaces.
It also changes the roll of the librarian from reference  services to program
directors.
I wonder what we, as librarians in Judaic libraries, can learn from this
article.
Thank you Lisa, for sharing it with us.
 Amalia Warshenbrot

Sent from my iPad