Hello,

We are working on a proposal to digitize several thousand pre-1900 Hebrew
books.  Does anyone have experience with and can you recommend OCR software
that can handle both regular Hebrew and Rashi script?

I saw that the Society for the Preservation of Hebrew Books
(www.hebrewbooks.org<http://www.hebrewbooks.org>) used the Ligature software
for this purpose.  Does anyone have experience with this software?  Does anyone
have experience with OCR scanners that can handle such a large project with
materials that have condition issues?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Caroline

Caroline R. Miller
Team Leader, Discovery Team
UCLA Library Cataloging and Metadata Center
Box 957230
11020 Kinross Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90095-7230
E-mail:  crmil...@library.ucla.edu