Forwarding a message to the Music Librarians' list, which has just crossed my
desk.
Zachary

From: "Alec McLane" < amcl...@wesleyan.edu >
To: ml...@list.indiana.edu
Cc: "Mark Slobin" < mslo...@wesleyan.edu >
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2013 1:25:00 PM
Subject: [MLA-L] New American Cantorate web site

Dear MLA-L,

I’m happy to announce a new Web site devoted to a musicological project from
the 1980’s, the History of the American Cantorate, undertaken by Mark Slobin
(Wesleyan University) and Mark Kligman (Hebrew Union College). The current
project makes use of our institutional repository, WesScholar, a Digital
Commons site, to store and disseminate documents and recordings.

We’ve made available the audio examples from Mark Slobin’s book, Chosen Voices:
The Story of the American Cantorate (University of Illinois Press, 1989), which
grew out of the project, but additionally all the audio interviews, sung
examples, and various documents and surveys that formed the raw data for the
original project are available here as well.

The main American Cantorate site is at http://cantorate.wesleyan.edu/ .

Our institutional repository page for the project is at
http://wesscholar.wesleyan.edu/cantorate/ , and there are multiple links from
the American Cantorate pages to this repository.

Please forward this announcement to interested researchers.

Alec

Alec McLane
Music Librarian/Director of the World Music Archives
Wesleyan University
mailto:amcl...@wesleyan.edu
Middletown, CT 06459 http://www.wesleyan.edu/libr/collections/music/index.html
---