I disagree (although for the sanctuary, not necessarily the library).
Better a heavy Sim Shalom (or other prayerbook) than no book at all. Allow the
users to choose. I personally prefer to heft a heavy book in services to the
alternative of constantly switching glasses, which would be my other option (&
no, bifocals can't correct my various vision problems.)

BTW, our braille Torah takes up a huge amount of space in our library. We will
probably be moving it to storage as we currently have no braille-reading
members, but we will not be getting rid of it. I still remember the joy of the
new member who discovered we had it in the library. It made her feel welcomed
and included. Oh, and she did use it.
More than one reason to have a book in the library. As soon as I hear of a
potential new member/friend who might be able to use it, back on  the library
shelves it will go.

Back on topic, in our small library,  LP are shelved with all the other books
with large LP labels on their spines. I chose titles for the collection first
and then investigate if they are available in LP & how much extra they would
cost. I don't use LP publishers or collection catalogs as selection tools.

Don't get the Sim Shalom LP prayerbook. The publishers tell you not to get it.
It's enormously heavy! That's the problem with a lot of heavy Biblical stuff
too. We have a local school for the blind that has programs we sometimes refer
people to.

Barbara

Has anyone built a large print book section?