Dear friends,

We're looking to fill an important position in the University of Florida
Libraries, and I'm posting this to the listserv in case any of you know of a
potential candidate and, if so, to see if you would be willing to pass this
information along to them or forward their name and contact information to me.

As you may have heard, we are currently recruiting for the Chair of the
Department of Special and Area Studies Collections. This is an exciting tenure
track position in a unique department comprising regionally, nationally and
internationally recognized collections, including the Baldwin Library of
Historical Children's Literature, the Latin American Collection, the P.K. Yonge
Library of Florida History and the Isser and Rae Price Library of Judaica. More
information about our department and collections can be found here:
http://www.uflib.ufl.edu/spec/ .

The ideal candidate for this position will provide enthusiastic leadership,
strategic vision and direction for the department, blending traditional
academic library practices with innovation to expand our collections and usage,
redesign our spaces, and increase available resources. An MLS degree is
preferred, but an equivalent advanced degree is also acceptable; demonstrated
leadership experience is desired, but we would willingly consider someone with
less experience who can show that they have great potential.

A detailed description of the duties and qualifications for this position can
be found at http://www.uflib.ufl.edu/pers/documents/ChairSASC-FINAL2.pdf

Any assistance you can offer would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Rebecca

Rebecca Jefferson, PhD
Head, Isser and Rae Price Library of Judaica
Library West
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL. 32611-7010