I Remember Nothing More: The Warsaw Children's Hospital and the Jewish
Resistance
by
Adina Blady Szwajger (Author)

YA-- For 40 years, Szwajger was haunted by her experiences as a young
pediatrician and a courier for the Jewish Fighting Organization (ZOB)
during the German occupation of Poland. This fragmented account of that
time is wrenched from the memory of a remarkable woman who is at last
compelled to tell her story. In the children's hospital, the author's
duties were to care for dying children who had no food, no medicine, and no
future. Later, as a member of ZOB, she risked her life traveling back and
forth from the ghetto to the "Aryan side" to secure papers and money to
allow other Jews to escape through the sewers of Warsaw. Szwajger's
tortured recollections are filled with the ironic horror that her very
training as a doctor and compassion as a human being resulted in the most
painful deed of all: mercy killing. I Remember is a unique contribution to
Holocaust literature and an important primary source for students.
*- Jackie Gropman, Richard Byrd Library, Springfield, VA*

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 3:52 PM, Ilka Gordon <igor...@jecc.org> wrote:

>  Dear Safranim,
>

> I have a patron in 11th grade who emailed me the following question: " Do
> you have any recommendations regarding books that depict people who lived
> through the holocaust and had to make difficult decisions that can only be
> understood given the historical circumstances?"  I assume she want s
> nonfiction.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Ilka Gordon
>
> On Site Director, Aaron Garber Library
>
> phone : 216-212-4116
>
> igor...@jecc.org
>

> __
> Messages and opinions expressed on Hasafran are those of the individual
> author
> and are not necessarily endorsed by the Association of Jewish Libraries
> (AJL)
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran%40lists.service.ohio-state.edu/maillist.html
> Earlier Listserver:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran%40lists.acs.ohio-state.edu/maillist.html