Hello Michelle:
Even though this title has been fully digitized at the Yiddish Book Center
(see http://www.yiddishbookcenter.org/books/search), there are times, as an
author, when I prefer to do my research with hands-on paper sources.
And so, my inclination would be to construct this kind of enclosure for
keeping the book in one piece while on the shelf and to limit further
physical damage:

https://www.nedcc.org/free-resources/preservation-leaflets/4.-storage-and-handling/4.5-protecting-books-with-custom-fitted-boxes
.
Quick fix, not too pricey. Quite a few of the older & more beat-up books at
my workplace have this kind of enclosure around them.
NEDCC also conducts "Preservation 101" workshops for those interested in
learning how to care for fragile, damaged, or endangered books, files, and
photos.
Best of luck,
Kimberley Shaw
Wellesley College Library