Dear librarian,

Temple Beth in Knoxville, TN, a member of the RJA, has recently received a
generous endowment gift from a Holocaust survivor with the objective of using
the income for the purchase of printed, digital, and other appropriate media
materials related to the occurrence of intolerance, bigotry, and persecutions
such as the Holocaust, the Inquisition, the Crusades, and other similar periods
in history. The Bookshelf shall not be limited geographically or to any
specific nationality, tribal affiliation, or religion. The selection,
acquisition, and management of the materials will be the joint responsibility
of the Library Committee and the Rabbi. The public to be served will include
not only the adult members and their children, but also persons in both the
Jewish and the general community.

I have been selected as the first chair of a group to formulate a list of
materials appropriate for selection for this bookshelf, which will supplement
the 132 titles that we have already catalogued under the rubric of “Holocaust”.

This e-mail is to solicit your help in any form that you might choose which
would help us develop an appropriate list of potential acquisitions for the
next few years. I realize this request has no obvious boundaries, but hopefully
you can offer us some guidelines to facilitate our task.

Thank you very much for your help. L’Shalom, HAF

Henry A. Fribourg, Ph. D.

Professor Emeritus of Crop Ecology, University of Tennessee

Contact: fribo...@tennessee.edu [best] or (865) 560-1247

7421 Somerset Road, Knoxville, TN 37909-2356, USA

“Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and
reflect.” Mark Twain, 1904

“If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got.
“Anonymous, 2013