Shalom,
I post this exiting message  on behalf of ATLA. Please respond directly to
Shanee’ Yvette Murrain at smurr...@payne.edu  phone 937- 376-2946 ex. 101
Amalia Warshenbrot
Dear Association of Jewish Libraries,

I hope this email finds you well! I am currently a member of the Diversity
Committee of ATLA, an organization that is seeking to increase diversity in
theological librarianship to more closely reflect our constituencies and serve
them better. One of our efforts to increase diversity is to offer two types of
scholarships to members of underrepresented groups.  I am writing to ask, on
behalf of ATLA, if you might be willing to post information to your AJL
students about the scholarships and student membership in ATLA ($15.00), which
is a requirement for application for the scholarship. I know Rutgers
occasionally has students interested in pursuing librarianship in religious
organizations or university libraries that have religion collections. One
scholarship is $1200 for a member of an underrepresented group to use toward a
Theological Librarianship course, and one is a $2400 scholarship for a member
of an underrepresented group to use toward an ALA-accredited master's program
in library and information studies, such as the one at Rutgers.  Details about
the scholarships can be found by clicking on the link below.

About ATLA

ATLA Scholarships to Promote Diversity in Theological Librarianship

Thank you for considering our request. If you have any questions about ATLA or
the scholarships, please contact me at your convenience.

Sincerely,

Shanee’ Yvette Murrain, MDiv, MLS

Seminary Archivist

Bishop Reverdy C. Ransom Memorial Library

Payne Theological Seminary

1230 Wilberforce-Clifton Rd

Wilberforce, Ohio 45384

(937) 376-2946 ex. 101