Michelle,
I searched our catalog and did not find much on this for that age group. (There
are various things about the Inquisition, but I am guessing you don't want
that.)
Here are two:

1.       The Jews Settle in New Amsterdam
by Grand, Samuel

Story of the first Jews to settle in the U.S.

2.       The Other 1492 -- Jewish Settlement in the New World  (YA book, but
can be read by 4th graders in excerpts)

Finkelstein, Norman H.

Describes the causes, events, and aftermath of the expulsion of the Jews from
Spain in 1492.

Good luck!

Lisa
[cid:image003.jpg@01D0DE61.4A314000]

Lisa Silverman  Library Director, Sinai Temple Blumenthal Library
10400 WILSHIRE BOULEVARD, LOS ANGELES, CA 90024
310-481-3215 (direct)  310-481-3218 (main)
library.sinaitemple.org<http://library.sinaitemple.org/>