Dear Hasafranim,
Thanks to those who helped me on finding a home for old, unwanted Jewish books
so they won't end up in the dumpster. I ended up using Better World Books. They
were extremely helpful and responsive. Since some others may have the same
issue, so I'm posting the answers I've received.
*These books really sound too old for any congregation/retirement
community/etc. to use them.  If they're not useful to you, they aren't useful
to them either.  A university library might be able to use them for historical
purposes.  There are lots in Michigan, and it might be worth a try.

*Have you thought of Betterworld Books?  They supply a free shipping label for
books sent to them.  Many books end up in disadvantaged libraries all over the
world and many are sold for three or four dollars including postage to on-line
customers.

*I think that Better World Books will take your books and give you a percentage
of the profit if the books are sold. Last time I looked (when I was planning to
weed my synagogue library's collection) there was no shipping cost for the
library.

http://www.betterworldbooks.com/content/files/WelcomeKit.pdf

http://www.betterworldbooks.com/go/libraries

 Rachel Haus Library Director Congregation of Moses Library Kalamazoo MI
rhaus_...@yahoo.com