Dear safranim,

I’m reading a very compelling book:  *Biblio Tech: Why libraries matter
more than ever in the age of Google,* by John Palfrey.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=john+palfrey+why+libraries+kirkus&t=ffab

I find that he articulates very well the moment we’re in as librarians,
archivists, museum curators, etc,   re: our world being in-between analog
and digital, and how to navigate that in-between-ness;   and,  how to take
leadership roles to “chart the course”, and not let Google, Amazon and
other profit-making companies completely define the conversation and create
the platforms.

If any of you read this book, please let me know if you’d be interested in
an online discussion about it.  I have found it to be very helpful, in many
ways.

Thanks,

Ann

*Ann Abrams*, Librarian

Dr. Arnold L. Segel Library Center
Temple Israel
477 Longwood Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
617-566-3960 x116
aabr...@tisrael.org
http://www.tisrael.org

[image: http://www.tisrael.org/admin/image_file.asp?id=775]

*Visit our library webpage at http://www.tisrael.org/library
<http://www.tisrael.org/library>  *

*Check out our online catalog!*

*http://library.tisrael.org <http://library.tisrael.org> *

*Make books your companions; let your bookshelves be your gardens:*

*bask in their beauty, gather their fruit, pluck their roses, take their
spices and myrrh. *

*And when your soul be weary, change from garden to garden, and from
prospect to prospect.*

*~ *Judah Ibn Tibbon, Medieval Spanish Jewish scholar