Join us at our Winter 2016 Conference on Wednesday, February 24th, 1:30-4:30
pm, as we celebrate the 30th anniversary of the New York Metropolitan Area
Chapter of the Association of Jewish Libraries (AJL-NYMA). We will mark this
occasion by honoring Pearl Berger, former Dean of Libraries, Yeshiva
University, one of the luminaries of the NYC library community. The location of
the conference is The Jewish Theological Seminary, 3080 Broadway (@122 Street),
New York, NY 10027, the Private Dining Room (located on the main floor of JTS).
*A photo ID is required for entrance to the JTS campus.*

PROGRAM:

1:30-2:00 pm     Registration, Refreshments, Networking

2:00-4:30 pm

Hillel - Not Shammai: Learning LinkedIn on One Foot in Only a Half Hour -
Nathan Rosen, Manager of Research & Knowledge Services, Herrick Feinstein

Mr. Rosen, creator and manager of three LinkedIn groups, will discuss the "five
commandments" of LinkedIn profile development and offer guidelines on how to
use LinkedIn.

Sefaria: A Living Library of Jewish Texts Online - Daniel Septimus, Executive
Director of Sefaria

Mr. Septimus will describe Sefaria, a digital initiative he launched in 2013 to
create an infrastructure for the future of Jewish study and conversation.

A Tribute to Pearl Berger - Edith Lubetski, Head Librarian, Heidi Steinberg
Library, Stern College for Women, Yeshiva University

Members of the NYC library community will honor Pearl Berger, recently retired
Dean of Libraries at Yeshiva University and recipient in 2011 of AJL's Life
Membership Award, for her contributions to the profession of Judaica
librarianship.

REGISTRATION:

RSVP required by Monday, February 22nd: Chaya Wiesman,
ch...@ramaz.org<mailto:ch...@ramaz.org>. Payment is at the door: AJL-NYMA
members, $10; non-members, $15 (*Annual dues for AJL-NYMA, $25)