From: Hasafran [mailto:hasafran-boun...@lists.osu.edu] On Behalf Of Nina
Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2016 3:19 PM
To: hasaf...@lists.service.ohio-state.edu
Subject: [ha-Safran] Choosing an online catalog software - Shaarei Shalom
Library

Good afternoon:

We have a volunteer ibrary committee that is dedicated to cataloging our
combined Jewish and Genealogy collections.  We are going to use the latest
version of the Weine System recommended by AJL.

Has anyone out there had good experiences with online catalog software?  Would
you recommend the latest version of the software you use?

Does it support the Weine Cataloging & Classification System?

Thank you for your input.  We greatly appreciate any guidance.  It seems
unnecessary in this day and age to contact ALL software companies when surely
some have outshone the others as good systems for the small to medium special
collection.

Thank you,

Nina Lane
[a retired medical librarian]