Many of you who were at our recent Charleston conference have already heard
about our next conference. I am sending out this announcement to both
hasafran and to our membership list to make sure that everyone interested
knows.

Our 2017 conference will be in New York City, Monday to Wednesday, June 19
- 21. The Board and Council meetings will be the day before, Sunday June
18. In addition, we expect that there will be a variety of local activities
available on the 22nd, the day after the conference.

We will be using a different format this year. Our costs for meals,
audiovisual and other services at hotels are so expensive that registration
costs, were we to follow our traditional in hotel model costs (most of
which is meals and av), would be prohibitively high for our members in a
city like New York. In order to assure reasonable costs, yet offer high
quality av, meals and other conference services, we have arranged to have
our meetings and meals at one location, and the hotel at another location.
This will literally  save tens of thousands of dollars.

Our meetings and meals will be at Hebrew Union College - Jewish Institute
of Religion, located at 1 West 4th St. They have hosted a number of
conferences for Jewish organizations in the past. We will bring in a kosher
caterer for our meals.  We have reserved rooms at the Hotel Edison on W.
47th St., near Times Square. HUC and the hotel are both near subway stops
for a subway line requiring no transfers.

I myself have always enjoyed having all of our activities in the same
building, but if we continue this pattern, we will find ourselves shut out
of many major cities. I think that we will all be pleased by our ability to
meet in a city like New York at reasonable costs.

Much more information will be available in a few months. I look forward to
interacting with many of you in New York.

Jim Rosenbloom
National Conference Chair

--
Jim Rosenbloom