Hiyya, again!
After the thrilling Re-up Pet Talk from yesterday, I have another bee in my bonnet about raising children, planting trees and writing books, BOOK being the operative word. Setting aside kids and trees a moment, let's talk Torah, which just happens to be a BOOK.

Here in La Javurá our main /bein haMetsarím/ summertime project has been spent participating and promoting Stitch by Stitch <http://torahstitchbystitch.org/>, an ambicious project spearheaded by Temma Gentles of Toronto (Canada) to cross-stitch the entire Torah and turn it into a mega-work of art. The Torah is divided up into panels of 4 verses each. Started in 2103, there are now only 400 four-verse panels to go. /Dachrei Noam/ Toronto's Reconstructionist Synagogue <http://www.darcheinoam.ca/> has gotten into the act and is partnering with Stitch by Stitch.

So may I suggest that y'all think about jumping in quick as bunnies or you might miss out on becoming Famous and Cool. Very Cool. And I know for a fact that some of you are big stitchery fans, famous and harbour a natural cool-ness.

There are somewhere around 25 persons scattered about Spain that are working on Stitch by Stitch <http://torahstitchbystitch.org/> panels even as we speak. We can boast the first Cross-Stitch Guy in all of Europe. Agustín is brave enough to fly in the face of convention. You have to live in Spain to know just how big that convention is for a Straight Guy or not a straight guy, just for like ANY guy. Some things go beyond reason.

I believe in, support, and fight for all Men's Rights to do and be whatever they feel like being and doing!Right there in the cafeteria, I taught Auggie how to thread and hold the needle. He took to it like a rubber ducky to water as you will see in one of the photos <http://s726.photobucket.com/user/albatoscano/slideshow/Stitch%20x%20Stitch%202016>.

Not everyone has sent me a photo but here are the 7 persons that have sent me something to date. You can see the series of photos here <http://s726.photobucket.com/user/albatoscano/slideshow/Stitch%20x%20Stitch%202016> on Photobucket <http://s726.photobucket.com/user/albatoscano/slideshow/Stitch%20x%20Stitch%202016>.

Photo <http://s726.photobucket.com/user/albatoscano/slideshow/Stitch%20x%20Stitch%202016>1: Valencia (Valencia) From left to right: Juan Costa (who says he's gamethough I wouldn't hold my breath); Me; and, Agustín Blasco. We are in the Café "A de Alicia" across the street from my apartment where I taught Agustín and Juan how to do the cross-stitch.

Photo <http://s726.photobucket.com/user/albatoscano/slideshow/Stitch%20x%20Stitch%202016>2: Valencia (Valencia) Agustín takes to stitching like a duck to water. He is very very proud of his first few words and sent me this photo

Photo 3: Oviedo (Asturias) on the Atlantic seaboard of Spain.
Aida Oceransky, retired nurse but still works part-time at the blood bank, originally from México. Came to Spain a g'zillion years ago. Founder and president of the Jewish community in Oviedo.

Photo 4: Merida (Extremadura) shares a border with Portugal. Ana Areces moved from Merida 2 months ago to work for the European Union in Brussels as a lawyer.Next year, she'll be at PAIDEIA <http://paideiaconnect.org/>, the non-denominational yeshiva in Stockholm (Sweden; where I was in 2009)

Photo 5: Jaen (Andalucia). Nani Campillo, olive tree groves and oil production, a family business.

Photo 6: Leon (Castilla-Leon). Pilar Diez-Einstein, social worker retired. Lived 5 years in Israel until the death of her husband a year and a half ago. She has very recently come back to Spain.

Photo 7: Valencia (Valencia) Alba Toscano, soil-water chemist retired, founder and president of the Sinagoga La Javurá in Valencia. I confess that I had help from my pet dragons.

Photo 8: Paterna (Valencia). Mica de Ugarte, translator. No photo of Mica but here is a close up of her "tagim" that she sent.

Give it a thought or two. Consider joining up. It would be a hoot to see this done and ready for international exhibition before I drop dead! (Granted there is still some time yet before that famous day; I plan on living to 86 give or take).

Shabat shalom
Alba

Alba Toscano, presª(Sulam 23;  50+ paid-up individuals)
Sinagoga conservador La Javurá
calle Uruguay 59, pta 13, 46007 Valencia
SKYPE: albatoscanovalencia
UStream : http://www.ustream.tv/channel/la-javura-on-line
emaillajav...@lajavura.org
página web: http://www.lajavura.org