Hi Safranim,

I know we're just a few days into 2018, but I wanted to get some feedback on a
new trip to Amherst we are planning for after the upcoming June conference in
Boston.  I need to make a decision soon regarding the possibility of running
the excursion since I need to sign contracts with the hotel and bus company. If
we don't have any interest, then we will let it go, but....it should be a lot
of fun and I am hoping for enough registrants to make it happen.

See the full itinerary below-We are visiting the Rich Michelson Galleries, The
Eric Carle Museum and the Yiddish Book Center and getting private tours and
also staying overnight in an historic Northampton hotel. Click on any of the
links below to see photos.

What you need to do if you are interested:  REPLY TO ME stating that you would
like to be added to the list. There are a limited number of spaces. You do not
have pay anything, as the payment will be required by the end of April, but I
do need to know how many would like to come.

You should also know that the conference committee is also planning afternoon
Wednesday tours for attendees, like a visit to the Harvard Library and other
possible places still in the planning stages and you may want to stay in Boston
to see those things.

Thank you,
Lisa

Lisa Silverman
Library Director, Burton Sperber Jewish Community Library
[https://reg139.imperisoft.com/Pages/System/Image.aspx?id2=78]
Address: 15600 Mulholland Drive, Los Angeles, California 90077
Phone: (310) 440-1264
Email: lisa.silver...@aju.edu<mailto:lisa.silver...@aju.edu>
Website: http://library.aju.edu<http://library.aju.edu/>

American Jewish University -  celebrating 70 years of inspiring innovation in
education, community life and cultural experiences.

Proposed AJL Trip Itinerary to Amherst, MA-June 20-21
wednesday, june 20

2:30 pm

Bus leaves Temple Israel, Brookline

4:15 pm
4:15 - 4:45

Bus arrives at historic inn and tavern, Hotel Northampton,
  Check in to hotel http://www.hotelnorthampton.com/

4:45 - 6:45 pm

Walk to Michelson Galleries, Northampton, MA
http://www.rmichelson.com
Private tour of gallery by Sydney Taylor winning author and poet, Rich
Michelson.
Wine and hors d'oeuvres. Possible special artist/author appearances

6:45 pm

Dinner on your own in quaint and historic Northampton
(Kosher meals can be ordered in advance--there is no kosher restaurant within
walking distance)

Thursday, June 21

7:00 - 9:00 am
9:30 am
10:00 - 11:30 am

11:30 - 1:00 pm

1:00 pm

3:00 pm

Free continental breakfast available in hotel
Board bus to travel to Amherst, 20 minutes
Arrive at Eric Carle Museum, private tour
https://www.carlemuseum.org/
Walk to nearby Yiddish Book Center, private tour
https://www.yiddishbookcenter.org/

Board bus, sack lunches provided for bus ride back to Boston

Arrive back to Holiday Inn, Brookline or other pre-arranged location in Boston,
to be decided

Approximate costs
(nothing has been negotiated yet)

Single or Double Room
2 day bus transportation
Thursday lunch
Two entrance fees
APPROXIMATE TOTAL:

$160 plus tax
$150
$20
$16
$375 for single room, $275 for shared room