Hi everyone,
  I am delighted to report that next year in January, 2019 the Sydney Taylor
Book Awards will be announced at the Youth Media Awards (YMA) press conference
during the American Library Association's Midwinter Meeting. This is the press
conference where the Newbery and Caldecott Medals are announced, along with the
other ALA children's and young adult awards.

  The YMAs are an absolutely enormous event in the children's book field- this
is the equivalent of being on the Oscar broadcast. We are thrilled about the
potential increase in publicity for the Sydney Taylor Awards.

Here is a link to a press release from ALA:
http://www.ala.org/news/press-releases/2018/01/ala-support-multicultural-literature-youth-enhanced-2019-youth-media-awards

School Library Journal just wrote an article about the announcement, which you
can find here.
http://www.slj.com/2018/02/industry-news/affiliates-excited-share-stage-alas-oscars/

Please email me if you have any questions.

-Susan
Sydney Taylor Book Award Chair

Susan Kusel
Librarian