Hi

I manage two synagogue libraries and our policy has always been to encourage
book borrowing for all ages be it the children themselves or the parents. It
has been our experience that the vast majority of books come back. My priority
has always been the more they borrow the better. We want to foster knowledge of
Judaism and Israel and build Jewish identity and this is not a simple thing.

We do not have any adult permission policy. We try and make it easy to borrow
books even though a librarian is not always there. The borrower signs their
name on a card and leaves the card on the desk. The library is open when the
librarian is there and when meetings are held in the library as well as
Shabbat.

Arlene Ratzabi
Librarian, Westchester Jewish Center
Librarian, Israel Center of Conservative Judaism
librar...@wjcenter.org
914-698-2960