Thanks, Heidi, for this excellent list!

Annette

On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 1:40 PM Heidi Rabinowitz <he...@cbiboca.org> wrote:

> I am very proud to present the Love Your Neighbor series of book lists,
> recommending Jewish kidlit for ALL readers. This is AJL’s response to the
> tragedy in Pittsburgh. A bunch of us kidlit nerds got together and created
> a book list about Standing Up For Each Other, to be followed by book lists
> on Jewish diversity, cross cultural friendship, and synagogues/clergy. We
> are open to suggestion for additional themes too. Our aim is to distribute
> this list far and wide so that non-Jewish kids will be exposed to these
> “window” books, helping to build their empathy and understanding of
> Judaism. You can do your part by sharing the list with public libraries,
> churches, mosques, local newspapers, and other non-Jewish venues in your
> own town (as well as on social media). Please do share! You can find the
> book list here: https://jewishlibraries.org/blog/id/403
>

> Read more about the aims of this project on The Book of Life website at
> https://jewishbooks.blogspot.com/2018/11/love-your-neighbor-ajl-book-list-series.html.
>

> Thanks for helping to spread the word!
>
> Heidi Rabinowitz
>

> ===============================
> *Listen to THE BOOK OF LIFE Podcast!*
>
> Hosted by Heidi Rabinowitz
>
> www.bookoflifepodcast.com

Annette Goldsmith, PhD
Co-Editor (with Theo Heras & Susan Corapi), *Reading the World's Stories:
An annotated bibliography of international youth literature* (Rowman &
Littlefield, 2016)
Librarian, Sephardic Temple Tifereth Israel, Los Angeles, CA
Currently reading: *The Property* by Rutu Modan (Drawn & Quarterly, 2013)

 "A book is like a world you can carry around with you." Liniers,
*Written and Drawn by Henrietta*  (TOON Books, 2015)