Thank you to everyone who responded to my request. The books have found a home.
A little background. The books are from the Ivriah School in Fint, MI. The
school had been a combined school for two shrinking congregations in Flint:
Founded in September 1982, it was the combined religious school of Congregation
Beth Israel (CBI-Conservative) and Temple Beth El (TBE-Reform).

Because the whole population of Flint is declining, the school had become
unsustainable. I agreed to find a home for their excellent collection (which I
now have a count is closer to 500 books).

The resolution: A man from Cleveland, OH contacted me with the information that
a congregation there had a fire a few weeks ago and the major loss was their
entire collection of children's books. He offered to drive to Ann Arbor and
pick them up for this congregation. Here is the news article about the fire.
https://www.clevelandjewishnews.com/news/local_news/beth-israel-the-west-temple-recovering-from-fire-loses-children/article_05fcd0d6-edb5-11e8-8c17-a3b41e18f838.html

I am so glad for this solution to the "problem" of 500 extra books in my
library.

Clare Kinberg, Temple Beth Emeth, Ann Arbor
[https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/clevelandjewishnews.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/d/f0/df0d968a-edb5-11e8-a464-4b26205b5efc/5bf59aca328ee.image.jpg?resize=947%2C630]<https://www.clevelandjewishnews.com/news/local_news/beth-israel-the-west-temple-recovering-from-fire-loses-children/article_05fcd0d6-edb5-11e8-8c17-a3b41e18f838.html>

Beth Israel–The West Temple recovering from fire, loses children’s book
collection | Local News |
clevelandjewishnews.com<https://www.clevelandjewishnews.com/news/local_news/beth-israel-the-west-temple-recovering-from-fire-loses-children/article_05fcd0d6-edb5-11e8-8c17-a3b41e18f838.html>
www.clevelandjewishnews.com
Cleveland State University’s Cleveland-Marshall College of Law established a
leadership education program for law students, made possible by a $750,000 gift
from Cleveland attorney and business ...