June 17 - 19, 2019 Los Angeles Conference

Your Weekly AJL Conference Update

Stay informed!

by Jackie Ben-Efraim and Lisa Silverman: Week #1

Shalom Safranim! You are reading the first in a series of weekly conference
updates that we will be posting on HaSafran to keep you informed about the
upcoming in LA conference and to entice you to come visit us here in sunny
Southern California. Each week we will highlight something we feel you need
to know to help you in planning your conference attendance.
Announcing the Feinstein Lecturer:

We are excited to announce that Professor Todd Presner has agreed to
present the Feinstein Lecture on Wednesday, June 19th at the closing
luncheon on the AJU campus. Todd Presner is Chair of UCLA’s Digital
Humanities Program <http://dh.ucla.edu/> and Ross Professor of Germanic
Languages and Comparative Literature. Since 2018, he is Associate Dean of
Digital Innovation in the Division of Humanities and Adviser to the Vice
Chancellor of Research for Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences research.
>From 2011-2018, he was the Sady and Ludwig Kahn Director of the UCLA Center
for Jewish Studies. He will be sharing with us information about his
innovative project “Mapping Jewish Los Angeles <http://mappingjewishla.org/>”
 — a digital anthology of 12 interactive exhibitions focused on the history
of Jewish LA, told through archival collections, mapping, and data
visualizations.

READ MORE ABOUT THE CONFERENCE AND REGISTER AT THE AJL WEBSITE
<http://www.jewishlibraries.org>

Questions? Email: confere...@jewishlibraries.org

--
Jackie Ben-Efraim

*"Although the books had changed, I the reader had not." **Micha Yosef
Berdichevsky 1865-1921*

Special Collections Librarian
Ostrow Library
American Jewish University