Dear Safranim/nioyt,
Once in a while we get a question from a librarian that is working in a Public
Library or another non-Jewish place where s/he is asked to work on Shabbat or
it is a  hiring condition . The Council voted  in January to change the SSC
name to SSCPL  to include our colleagues in public libraries and  we even  hope
to invite them to future conferences.
Please see below the article form March 3rd  in Tablet.  The author Nathan
Lewin,  is a graduate of Yeshiva  College and Harvard Law School.  He presented
 28 oral arguments in the Supreme Court, including several in the area of
religious liberties.

https://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/281122/the-right-not-to-work-on-the-sabbath?utm_source=tabletmagazinelist&utm_campaign=b418995592-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_03_03_01_53&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c308bf8edb-b418995592-206545253

Amalia Warshenbrot
AJL Immediate past president
Phone: (704) 365-3313