PRESS RELEASE

Toronto, March 22, 2019

Women in Judaism: A Multidisciplinary e-Journal

We are delighted to announce the electronic publication of the 20th anniversary
issue of Women in Judaism: A Multidisciplinary e-Journal. The journal can be
accessed at http://www.womeninjudaism.org

Founded in 1997, the journal is the first multidisciplinary-refereed e-journal
solely dedicated to gender-related issues in Judaism.

Volume 15, No 1 (2018)

PUBLISHED: 2019-03-09

Table of Contents

ARTICLES
Seeking Zion: Grace Aguilar’s Religious Nationalism
by Lindsay Katzir

The Roles and Representation of Jewish Women in Zeev Jawitz' Writings
by Asaf Yedidya

ESSAYS
The Ten Curses of Eve
by Berel Dov Lerner

BIOGRAPHICAL ESSAYS
“A Jewish Girl of Mexico:” Anita Brenner and the Article That Won First Prize
in The Forward (1925)
by Marcela López Arellano

POETRY REVIEW ESSAYS
National and Historical Concerns in the Childhood Poetry of Dalia Ravikovitch
by Edith Covensky

BOOK REVIEWS
Zucker, David J, and Moshe Reiss. The Matriarchs of Genesis: Seven Women, Five
Views. Eugene, OR: Wipf and Stock Publishers, 2015.
Reviewed by Edward S. Treister

Marx, Dalia. Tractates Tamid, Middot and Qinnim: A Feminist Commentary on the
Babylonian Talmud V.9. Tübingen: Mohr Siebeck, 2013.
Reviewed by Natalie C. Polzer

Wiskind-Elper, Ora. Hasidic Commentary on the Torah. London: Littman Library of
Jewish Civilization, 2018.
Reviewed by Rachel Adelman

Kranson, Rachel. Ambivalent Embrace: Jewish Upward Mobility in Postwar America.
Chapel Hill: The University of North Carolina Press, 2017.
Reviewed by Eliana Schechter

Feins, Roberta P. A Morsel of Bread, A Knife. Seattle, Washington: Center on
Contemporary Art, 2018.
Reviewed by Susan Shaw Sailer

Kissileff, Beth. Questioning Return: A Novel. Simsbury, Connecticut: Mandel
Vilar Press, 2016.
Reviewed by Merle Carrus

Jennoff, Pam. Almost Home. New York: Atria Books, 2009.
Reviewed by Marcia Fiedler

Articles, essays, book reviews, short notes, and bibliographies from all
disciplines in the Humanities and Social Sciences are welcome. Submissions are
concurrently accepted and should be made by e-mail to:

Dr. Dina Ripsman Eylon, Editor-in-Chief

Women in Judaism: A Multidisciplinary Journal

E-mail: dina.ey...@utoronto.ca

Note: Scholarship by/and about Canadian Jewish women are especially encouraged.

The journal will consider re-printing peer-reviewed papers or chapters from
books that are not currently available in any digital format.

We are also seeking book reviewers. A complete list of books is available in
our Review Books Received section, which is updated periodically. For further
information and guidelines for contributors, please consult our web site and/or
write to the Editor-in-Chief.

To be updated about our ongoing activities, please register on our site, like
us on Facebook and/or subscribe to our RSS feeds.