From: Barbara B via Hasafran <hasafran@lists.osu.edu>
To: hasaf...@lists.service.ohio-state.edu
<hasaf...@lists.service.ohio-state.edu>
Sent: Mon, May 6, 2019 7:45 am
Subject: [ha-Safran] Using microfiche in the 70s

Hi Friends,

I am trying to recall how we used microfiche before email. If someone in the
1970s wanted to research newspapers what was the process? In my recollection it
started with looking up the topic in a large reference book, locating the
appropriate article and ordering the film from the research office in the
library. What I don’t remember is how we made copies of the film from the
reader. I’m working on a project and I want to be sure I am accurate.
Thanks in advance for any help!
All best,Barbara Bietz

Barbara Bietz
www.BarbaraBietz.comwww.JewishBooksforKids.combarbarabietz@gmail.com__