Safranim,

I have been asked to post the following query from Anna Shparberg at Rice
University.  Please respond directly to the student (contact information
below):

I am a 3rd-year undergraduate student of History at Rice University seeking
primary source documents relating to my study of Ashkenazi Jewish women's
suffrage and gender equality movements and organizations in Pre-Mandatory
and Mandatory Palestine from 1880-1948. My study focuses on the
relationship the complex relationship between settler-colonial ideology and
feminist sensibility espoused by these women and their peers in the United
States.

I am seeking:

* Internal documents or published policy from the following
     organizations and their members:
       o Palestine Jewish Women Equal Rights Association
       o The Council of Women Workers, a branch of the
General Confederation of Jewish Workers (Histadrut)
       o Workingwomen's Council
       o Women's International Zionist Organization (WIZO)
       o Mizrahi Women's Organization
       o The Women's League for Equal Rights
       o The Pinor Women's Organization
       o The Women’s Zionist Organization of America (/Hadassah),
particularly the Hadassah Medical Organization and the Palestine Council of
Hadassah
      o /Any other Zionist Women's organizations!/
* Documents relating to community council elections in Jaffa in 1918, with
a specific focus on the women candidates, Adina Kahanovosky and Nehama
Pukhachewski
* Personal writings by Ashkenazi Jewish women on the topic of gender or the
Zionist project, such as the journals of Dorthy Bar-Adon (which I already
have access to)

Information on locating these sources or suggestions for other worthwhile
sources to pursue on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Ari Forsyth (a...@rice.edu)
B.A. in History and Sociology from Rice University *expected* 2021
Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellow
Lead Communications Intern - Rice ACSEM
203-609-3313