Here is an exciting announcement from my friend Josh Fogel:

Just a brief note to say that, after five and one-half years of work, I have
finished my translation of "Leksikon fun der nayer yidisher literatur" (8
volumes plus Berl Kagan's volume of additions and corrections).  I've also
added information from Chaim Beider's Leksikon of Soviet Yiddish writers.
Please let me know of corrections and additions to the 7086 biographical
entries (fo...@yorku.ca<mailto:fo...@yorku.ca>).  The entries can be located at
yleksikon.blogspot.ca<http://yleksikon.blogspot.ca>.

Josh, who was a college classmate of mine, is a Professor of Modern Chinese and
Japanese History at York University (Toronto). He studied Yiddish at Columbia
University, while in grad school.

Zachary

Zachary M.  Baker
zba...@stanford.edu<mailto:zba...@stanford.edu>