When working on cataloging items that had received a National Jewish Book
Award or a Sydney Taylor Book Award I noticed that when you manually insert
the 586 MARC tag for "Awards Note" OPALS provided a drop down menu of
various book awards so that you can just select the award you want to insert
it into the record.  No surprise, none of the Jewish awards were listed
there.  I contacted OPALS support and asked them to include both of the
above awards and the AJL Jewish Fiction Award in the list.  Within an hour I
heard back from them that all three of these Jewish Awards have now been
included in the list.  This makes entering the information into the catalog
record easier.  The list is alphabetical and you have to scroll through it
to find them.   I thought other OPALS users would be interested in knowing
that OPALS has made them available in the drop down list.

Sherry Wasserman, Volunteer Librarian

Congregation B'nai Moshe

West Bloomfield, MI 48322