Hi,

I've been participating in a literature class with Rachel Korazim from
Israel and today we were discussing the Kol Ha'am trial.  A newspaper
account at the time mentions that Abba Eban said that Israel would
contribute 200,000 soldiers to assist the Americans in the Middle East if
necessary.  Many people could not believe that he would have said such a
thing but it was reported in Ha'aretz and was not disputed.  The date was
1953, I think.

Could anyone research this for me in  the American press?  Rachel asked for
this.

I am not in a position to be able to research it myself.

Thank you very much,

Marion Stein