Dear safaranim,

It is with great pleasure that I ask you to join me in welcoming our newest
AJL member and AJL News and Reviews team member, Ellen Drucker-Albert. I
have known Ellen for three years; we work together on a local committee
called "Long Island Reads"  and she is always great to work with!
Ellen will be joining us as a co-editor for Children's and Teen Reviews and
working with fellow co-editors Chava and Lisa as Chava transitions to
stepping away from her role at News and Reviews, after a significant tenure
on our team, to focus on new endeavors.

I've asked Ellen to "introduce herself" in a short blurb:

*It is my absolute pleasure to be joining AJL’s News and Reviews team as
co-editor for Children's/Teen's Reviews. I am excited to return to my
“roots.” I began my librarianship career about 25 years ago at the Solomon
Schechter Day School of Suffolk County on Long Island, NY, where I assisted
in the creation of their school library, and served as their Librarian,
sharing my passion for Children’s and Teen literature. Jewish education
was, and remains an important part of my career path. I taught elementary
through high school age groups at the Solomon Schechter Day School, Camp
Ramah in the Berkshires, the high school programs at the Suffolk Hebrew
Midrasha Academy and the Ivry Prozdor High School of the Jewish Theological
Seminary. I provided instruction in subjects ranging from Bible, Jewish
literature, film, Constitutional law and Jewish ethics. I am also an
attorney admitted in the State of New York, and have been a grader for the
NY Board of Law Examiners since 1999.*

*Currently, I am the Adult & Information Services Manager at the Cold
Spring Harbor Library & Environmental Center. I serve as a member of the
Long Island Reads Committee, an Island-wide reading initiative intended to
bring readers together to discuss one book and participate in related
programming. I moderate a monthly book discussion at the Cold Spring Harbor
Library. I enjoy providing readers’ advisory services to my Rabbi
recommending titles for his book discussions at the synagogue and
participating in these Jewish-themed discussions.*

*I am looking forward to contributing to the mission of the AJL promoting
Jewish literacy and am appreciative of this opportunity to promote and
encourage the engagement with Jewish literature for Children and Teens!*

*Ellen Drucker-Albert *

Please join me in welcoming Ellen to our community.

Best,
Sally
--
Sally Stieglitz
Communications and Marketing Coordinator  | Long Island Library Resources

[image: ORCID] http://orcid.org/0000-0003-1552-9188

[image: image.jpeg]

LILRC is a member of the Empire State Library Network (ESLN
<https://www.esln.org/>)

Follow LILRC on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/LILRCouncil/> Twitter
<https://twitter.com/lilrc> Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/lilrcevents/>