Dear colleagues,

I'm writing to say that this series is really first-rate and you should
attend! I've gone to a couple and been very impressed. They're free!
They're fun! They're educational and also inspiring! What's not to love?

And of course Lisa's sessions will be excellent. I've just registered for
both. Hope to see some of you there!

Annette

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 6:15 PM Lisa Silverman via Hasafran <
hasafran@lists.osu.edu> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am forwarding AJU's latest email offering interesting free programs next
> week. I am doing the two literary ones--a short story discussion and an
> interview with famed Israeli novelist Ayelet Gundar Goshen.  Please see the
> offerings below and sign up (they are all in Pacific time.)!
>
> Lisa
>
> *Lisa Silverman*
>
> *Library Director, Burton Sperber Jewish Community Library*
>

> From Your Friends at AJU
> [image: From Your Friends at AJU]
> <https://t.e2ma.net/click/d9z8qc/52pa6u/xkunu0>
>
> Welcome to *B’Yachad Together: Spirited by American Jewish University*,
> delivering ONLINE LEARNING that captures the insights of our faculty and
> friends and convenes our diverse and inclusive community to advance ideas,
> dialogue and debate.
> This week we invite you to nourish your mind, body and spirit. Give
> yourself the gift of learning. Enroll now to have the soul substance to
> carry you through each day.
> *We look forward to seeing you online*.
> <https://t.e2ma.net/click/d9z8qc/52pa6u/ddvnu0>
> *Spiritual Journeys and Religious Pursuits: A Conversation About Hassidism*
> *MONDAY | JUNE 8 | 9:00 AM PDT*
> 21st century Jews seeking spiritual depth and religious integrity have
> embraced and transformed Hassidism, a religious movement that captured
> Eastern European Jewry in the 18th and 19th centuries. Join AJU scholar *Dr.
> Michael Berenbaum* as he engages *Arthur Green* and *Ariel Evan Mayse*,
> editors of a two volume anthology that explores the Hassidic Movement in
> North America and Israel. Meet and learn from these two leading
> contemporary Jewish religious thinkers - a generation apart – Green was
> born during World War II and Mayse, a millennial, as they explore Hassidism
> from different perspectives.
> <https://t.e2ma.net/click/d9z8qc/52pa6u/t5vnu0>
>
> <https://t.e2ma.net/click/d9z8qc/52pa6u/9xwnu0>
> *Keep Calm and Read On*
> *TUESDAY | JUNE 9 | 12 PM PDT*
> Join us online to discuss a classic Jewish-themed short story for the
> month of June: Philip Roth's, "Defender of the Faith" from his first book,*
> Goodbye,
> Columbus*. Access to the short story is included in your registration
> confirmation email.
> <https://t.e2ma.net/click/d9z8qc/52pa6u/pqxnu0>
>
> <https://t.e2ma.net/click/d9z8qc/52pa6u/5iynu0>
>
> *Author Talk: Ayelet Gundar-Goshen Discusses The Liar*
> *WEDNESDAY | JUNE 10 | 10 AM PDT*
> Join famed Israeli author *Ayelet Gundar-Goshen*, in conversation with
> AJU's* Lisa Silverman*, as they discuss lies, misconceptions, unexpected
> outcomes, and how all of those found their way to her most recent book, *The
> Liar*. This "brilliant" novel, an Elle Magazine Best Book of the Year
> about "lying and the lure of fame," reveals how one mistake can have a
> thousand consequences. If you'd like to purchase a signed copy of The Liar,
> [...]

Annette Goldsmith, PhD
Librarian, Sephardic Temple Tifereth Israel, Los Angeles, CA
Chair, Global Literature in Libraries Initiative (GLLI) 2020 Translated YA
Book Prize Committee
Currently reading: *On Division *by Goldie Goldbloom (Farrar, Straus and
Giroux, 2019)

 "A book is like a world you can carry around with you." Liniers,
*Written and Drawn by Henrietta*  (TOON Books, 2015)