From: Lisa Silverman via Hasafran
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 2:45 AM
To: hasafran@lists.osu.edu
Subject: [ha-Safran] Career changes in Pandemic times....

Hello Safranim,
As we all know, librarians are one of the professions suffering at this time
because our libraries are closed-- and working from home doesn't really cut it.
So the news is that I have been laid off from my position of library director
of the Sperber Jewish Community Library and the position has been eliminated.
The operation of the library and the new digital platform called California
Jewish Library Consortium will be absorbed into the university's academic
library.

HOWEVER....I am looking forward to beginning my new Library Consulting
business! I am going to create a website where I will be posting classes,
reviews, and Zoom book clubs and offering various services to synagogue
libraries, JCC’s and other small libraries around the country, including
guidance on how to move their collections to a digital platform. This is a
perfect time for smaller libraries to begin to consider this type of move.

My old email address is no longer active, so please change my contact info to
this new email: lisa.silverman2...@outlook.com.

I am still planning to be very involved on the AJL Council and will inform you
when I have my website up and going. In the meantime, feel free to contact me
with any ideas or suggestions.

Stay well everyone,
Lisa Silverman