I hope you Safranim are all aware of The Sydney Taylor Shmooze, the mock
award blog for the Sydney Taylor Book Award. This is an AJL project, but
separate from the award committee, and current committee members may not
participate on the blog.

Jewish kidlit reviews are posted each week, and at the turn of the year,
everyone is invited to vote for the books they think will win the REAL
award! You can visit the blog at https://www.sydneytaylorshmooze.com/

If you have any experience reviewing children's literature, we invite you
to become a reviewer for The Shmooze!  You can apply to participate at
https://www.sydneytaylorshmooze.com/p/reviewers.html

In July, the blog reviewed these books:
Worse and Worse on Noah's Ark by Leslie Kimmelman
Itzhak: A Boy Who Loved the Violin by Tracy Newman
Shalom Bayit by Linda Elovitz Marshall
Havdalah Is Coming by Tracy Newman
The Boy Who Thought Outside the Box: The Story of Video Game Inventor Ralph
Baer by Marcie Wessels
Have You Ever Seen a Ziz? by Linda Elovitz Marshall
They Went Left by Monica Hesse
Buen Shabat, Shabbat Shalom by Sarah Aroeste
Louder Than Words by Kathy Kacer

Enjoy!
Heidi Rabinowitz, Susan Kusel, & Chava Pinchuck
Co-Admins of The Sydney Taylor Shmooze