Fred,

It depends on how much room you have.  I don't worry about paperback (as
long as it's in good condition) vs hardcover. A few years ago I took
several boxes of books from a Jewish library, mostly 70s & 80s, and there's
no interest, except for some classics we didn't have.  It's better to add
new stuff than take up room with outdated books.  If you have a particular
interest in your congregation, then I'd take those (we have congregants who
like to write their own haggadahs, so I keep every one that comes in), or
if there are topic covered by your older religious school classes or youth
group (though they tend to just use their phones these days).  It's easier
not to add them than to have to weed them, which is what I'm doing now for
all those boxes of books I processed.

Good luck
Emily

Emily Bergman