Hi, Safranim,

I've written a Jewish holiday play which I'm hoping to get published. It's
the centerpiece of a book which also has sections on holiday crafts,
recipes, and the history and customs related to the holiday.

One publisher liked the story, but suggested I turn it into a picture story
book rather than a play. I'm working on that, but I still think the play
would be useful in day schools and congregational schools, so I'm not quite
ready to abandon that idea yet.

I'd like your opinions. Here are my questions:

1.  Are any publishers publishing single-play books these days? Or are
teachers simply finding play scripts online, so that no one is publishing
books of plays any longer?

2.  Do you think there might, instead, be a market for anthologies of
holiday plays (which could be used over the course of a year by religious
school teachers)?

3  If neither of these seems viable, does anyone have a thought about
self-publishing plays for children? I know, for example, that some teachers
market their own material on a website called Teachers Pay Teachers. Would
anyone know if there are websites through which *Jewish day school or
congregational school teachers* share teaching materials, and on which
holiday plays could be marketed?

4.  Do you think an agent would take on a play, as opposed to a storybook?

Thanks for any commeh\nts or suggestions you can offer.

Marjorie
--
Marjorie Gann
Latest Book: *Speak a Word for Freedom: Women against Slavery*

"An inspiring collection of those who have fought and continue to fight
against the evil of slavery and an effectively solemn reminder that slavery
remains a global plague." Kirkus

"A powerful indictment of human rights abuses and tribute to the women who
have fought them." Starred review, Publishers Weekly

*Five Thousand Years of Slavery, *
*                            by Marjorie Gann and Janet Willen*
*                            Tundra Books, 2011*

A 2012 Notable Book for a Global Society, Children's Literature and Reading
Special Interest Group, International Reading Association

*ForeWord Reviews Book of the Year, 2011 Silver Winner, Young Adult
Nonfiction*

 Visit our website,
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.gannwillen.com__;!!KGKeukY!hWxWEAsQE1xugEFPm1ladrsajs5_JSNbRmYzR36fMH2Um3PJ3lRUbg4DTiTJYsEif4g$

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.fivethousandyearsofslavery.com/__;!!KGKeukY!hWxWEAsQE1xugEFPm1ladrsajs5_JSNbRmYzR36fMH2Um3PJ3lRUbg4DTiTJOkv0mH0$