I attended the ALA Midwinter Conference virtually.  They had 7,012
attendees.  7,698 attended in Philadelphia in 2020, and 6,347 attended in
Seattle in 2019.  Without the need to travel they had significantly fewer
attendees.  I missed the excitement of being there in person and I missed
learning from multiple sessions.  Many of the guest speakers were just
saying how great libraries are in the community.

I think AJL's conference was much better.  We had more people attending
virtually than the last in-person conference.  We learned and socialized.
We got to know some fellow librarians who were once just names on
Hasafran.  This is just another round of thanks for a job well done.

Donnie

--
Daniel D. Stuhlman
Chicago, IL