Hi colleagues,

Now that Passover is over, it is time to count down to Shavuot. That makes
it the perfect time to consider adding my new book, I Am Standing at Mount
Sinai to your library's children's collection.  This book, told through the
eyes of an insightful young girl, is a vibrantly illustrated, hardback
non-fiction book produced with libraries in mind.  It retells the Biblical
saga of the Jewish People's encounter with God at Mt. Sinai, recounting the
wondrous revelation of the Ten Commandments and the Torah as told in the
book of Exodus. I am standing at Mount Sinai explains the significance of
the Shavuot holiday, linking together the Passover holiday's story of
freedom with the Shavuot holiday's emphasis on acceptance of rules for moral
behavior in a free society. It explains how Shavuot was celebrated in
ancient times and how it is celebrated today. This book makes the vivid
story of Mount Sinai and the third of the Biblical festivals - Shavuot -
come alive for a new generation of Jewish children. Below is a copy of the
review of I am Standing at Mount Sinai published in AJL's News and Reviews

Dec. 2020 | Jan. 2021 issue.

"Children's Judaic librarians have always been on the lookout for books
about the holiday of Shavuot because there are so few. Often teachers come
to the library to request a good book explaining the holiday suitable for a
young child and there just isn't anything good to give them. Librarian
Sherry Wasserman "saw the hole in the collection" and started working on
this book twenty years ago. When she finally found an illustrator, she
decided to self-publish and the collaboration turned into a great success.
The book retells the story of the Jewish people's encounter with God at Mt.
Sinai through the eyes of a modern young girl who embodies the rabbinic
interpretation that all Jews were once present at this miraculous event. The
girl's name is Sarah, and she guides us through what our tradition says
happened there, emphasizing the power and wonder and even fear that would
have been felt by children who observed the wonders of God giving the Torah
on the mountain. The brightly colored illustrations are fluid and bold.
There is a ribbon of Hebrew Torah script that snakes through the pages,
illuminating the passages that are explained in the child-friendly text
below. In a nod to her librarian roots, the author has included a useful
glossary, citations and translations of all the Hebrew Torah quotations.
This book will serve as a much-needed teaching source for educating children
on this important but overlooked Jewish holiday." Lisa Silverman, Co-Editor,
Children's and Teen Literature, AJL News and Reviews

I am Standing at Mount Sinai, by Sherry Wasserman, illustrated by Ruthie
Cisse. Michigan: ShreeTee, 2020. 38 pp. $20.00 (9780578708843) HC. Gr. K-4.

Available for purchase in the U.S. and Canada at Amazon.
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.amazon.com/standing-Mount-Sinai-Sherry-Wasserman/dp/0578708841/r__;!!KGKeukY!jwhRqDNy7BchOsx1mJ_qN1qUn6BH8VRERqyAFnkArjS9EbpGDvh5xZgcraShqY9Rw_k$

ef=sr_1_1?dchild=1
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.amazon.com/standing-Mount-Sinai-Sherry-Wasserman/dp/0578708841/__;!!KGKeukY!jwhRqDNy7BchOsx1mJ_qN1qUn6BH8VRERqyAFnkArjS9EbpGDvh5xZgcraShkRm4zqE$

ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=i+am+standing+at+mount+sinai&qid=1617324759&s=b
ooks&sr=1-1>
&keywords=i+am+standing+at+mount+sinai&qid=1617324759&s=books&sr=1-1  Sample
pages showing examples of the illustrations can be viewed there.

Sherry Wasserman

Volunteer Librarian,

Congregation B'nai Moshe, W. Bloomfield, MI