Aviva, thank you for letting us know. I read elsewhere that negative
reviews of *Once More with Chutzpah* were being posted even before the book
was released. So malicious. Here's the relevant quote from the article
in Jewish
Insider
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jewishinsider.com/2021/07/antisemitism-israel-kids-literature/__;!!KGKeukY!iGKgq3mWAmAjIPB6Omdil28QnZvft9A0vIsVJUrQK7JvE-qDKiJB-fVTu-KClrp191w$
 > (click
to read full article).

A book called *Once More With Chutzpah*, a debut novel from writer
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.haleyneil.com/__;!!KGKeukY!iGKgq3mWAmAjIPB6Omdil28QnZvft9A0vIsVJUrQK7JvE-qDKiJB-fVTu-KCKfq2_60$
 > Haley Neil that is set to be released next
spring, has faced an onslaught of criticism because it takes place in
Israel, where Neil has family. The novel features a brother and sister
grappling with mental health issues, adolescence and the Jewish diaspora
while on a road trip in Israel. A reference to Birthright Israel was
removed from the book after a social media outcry, but a number of people
on Twitter have continued to call for the book’s boycott.

Though it has not yet been released, Neil’s book has already received a
slew of negative reviews on Goodreads
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/56268860-once-more-with-chutzpah__;!!KGKeukY!iGKgq3mWAmAjIPB6Omdil28QnZvft9A0vIsVJUrQK7JvE-qDKiJB-fVTu-KCdvpGuN4$
 >,
a social network for readers. One comment that came with a zero-star review
on the book that is still several months from being released read: “no
thank you, in this house we do not support books passed off as fun romps
through an apartheid, settler state that routinely murders, displaces and
subjugates palestinians. :)”
May I make a suggestion: How about a "buycott"? In other words, in addition
to posting positive reviews, how about countering such malicious
antisemitism by buying the book en masse? That's what Toronto's Jewish
community did a few years ago when there was a boycott of Israeli wine from
the provincial liquor stores. People went in droves and bought Israeli wine
to the point where the stores ran out!

Marjorie