My experience too.  I'm trying to give away about 100 copies of the 1981
JPS *The Torah: a Modern Commentary*.  I've yet to find a good home for
them.  This seems to me to be something that others could use and certainly
don't go out of date, though there's a new edition, which is why we're
getting rid of the old ones.  Let me know if anyone wants them.  Emily

Emily Bergman
Temple Sinai
Glendale, CA
emilyanneberg...@gmail.com

On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 9:14 AM Daniel Stuhlman via Hasafran <
hasafran@lists.osu.edu> wrote:

> The congregation where I work is getting rid of more than 100 boxes of
> siddurim.  We tried to get places for them and no one wanted them.  They
> will sadly be buried.
>
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 10:49 AM Martin Kaminer via Hasafran <
> hasafran@lists.osu.edu> wrote:
>
>> You might consider sending them to one of the services that provides
>> sifrei kodesh (as well as books of general Jewish interest) to incarcerated
>> persons.  That has been my deaccessioning go-to for the last few years.
>> The two I am familiar with are:
>> Jewish Prisoner Services (jpsi.org)
>> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jpsi.org/__;!!KGKeukY!kxxkVPFAdonGTTuTgYdJIrFYLg96ION_lEp_vQXWWJwfelky1ZRMmSljaJX_IjBKNmSRKXu8mzNFE0U$>
>> Library - The Aleph Institute - N.E. Regional Headquarters (alephne.org)
>> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.alephne.org/templates/articlecco_cdo/aid/2712597/jewish/Library.htm__;!!KGKeukY!kxxkVPFAdonGTTuTgYdJIrFYLg96ION_lEp_vQXWWJwfelky1ZRMmSljaJX_IjBKNmSRKXu8lucwn6o$>
>> Seems a particularly appropriate option for machzorim esp at this time of
>> year....
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 8:28 AM Dr. Ralf Simon via Hasafran <
>> hasafran@lists.osu.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Sharing this information with Executive Directors, Rabbis, and any other
>>> appropriate individuals would be greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>> We have a large number of previously used Machzorim that have been
>>> brought to our congregation by members.   I am hoping to find 'new homes'
>>> for these books as the holidays approrach.  Please feel free to contact me
>>> if you can use any of machzorim. Many of these are in like new or very good