From: sefersogood via Hasafran <hasafran@lists.osu.edu>
To: Janice Lieberman <liebermanjan...@yahoo.com>; hasafran@lists.osu.edu
<hasafran@lists.osu.edu>
Cc: Michelle Sandler <michellegailsand...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wed, Aug 25, 2021 2:17 pm
Subject: Re: [ha-Safran] Jewish Short Stories for grades 1 - 3

A few more additions to Janice’s wonderful list:The Brothers Shlemiel by Mark
Binder (Chelm stories)Rachel Captures the Moon, Rachel’s Gift, and Rachel’s
Library - all Chelm stories by Richard Ungar A Thousand and One Chicken by
Seymour Rossel (Chelm) (and several more books by Rossel who is a great Chelm
storyteller)Zlateh the Goat stories by I.B. SingerDoes God Have a Big Toe?
Stories about the Stories in the Bible by Rabbi Marc GellmanGod’s Mailbox -
More Stories about the Stories in the Bible by Rabbi Marc Gellman (Gellman
stories may be out of print but still available on Amazon)
The Rabbi and the Twenty-nine Witches by Marilyn Hirsh - read at Halloween
timeRaisel’s Riddle by Erica Silverman - read at Purim time, a Jewish
Cinderella storyMichelle, please commend your teacher for her reading plan!
Enjoy!Debbie Colodny

On Aug 25, 2021, at 12:06 AM, Janice Lieberman via Hasafran