From: George Driesen <ravgers...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 2, 2021 5:47 PM
To: Heidi Rabinowitz <he...@cbiboca.org>
Subject: [EXT]Free library of Jewish Books available for donation!

For the last twenty-five years I have by gift and purchase accumulated Jewish
books in Hebrew and English. Forced to "de-clutter" our home, I want to donate
them all lest they end up, chas-v'halilah, in the landfill. There are Israeli
novels, Anchor series bible books, the JPS Full torah commentary, Fishbane's
JPS Haftarot, plus the Apocrypha (Charles, two volumes), The Midrash compiled
by Bialik and Ravnitsky Hebrew and English, Books about and translating the
Dead Sea Scrolls.
Philo and Josephus. Shorter books about the Biblical books (Sarna, Exploring
Exodus; Who Wrote the Bible? Friedman; Who Was A Jew?; Jastrow (Compact and
full size), etc. A full set of Rambam's Yad and another of the Kahati edition
of the Mishnah, and another of the Torat Chayiim, the Mikraot G'dolot in block
printed Hebrew (i.e., not Rashi script). It's an eclectic scholar's/ rabbi's
library. Not only will I donate the books; I'll also pay someone to box and
ship them to the donee. Surely some place in the Jewish world there is a home
for them? Could the Academy be it? Please let me know and forward this offer to
anyone or any body you think might be interested.

R. George B. Driesen

--
Rabbi George B. Driesen
Member of the Board, Haberman Institute for Jewish Studies Founding President,