Being the President of AJL has many perks, but I never thought that one of
them would be to announce the Sydney Taylor Award and Honor winners at
the American Library Association's Youth Media Awards.  Nor did I ever
dream that I would have the joy of announcing the name of my former SSCPL
VP,  Past Sydney Taylor Chair, and dear friend, Susan Kusel, as the WINNER
of the Picture Book Award.  I am so happy that this wonderful book won. I
hope it will grace the shelves of Jewish and secular libraries for years to
come as the "go to" Passover Book.

Kol HaKavod, Susan!

And Kol HaKavod to the Sydney Taylor Awards Committee for
all their exceptional choices.  We are all so very proud of this year's
list.

Kathy B.

On Sat, Feb 5, 2022 at 7:37 AM Rebecca Levitan via Hasafran <
hasafran@lists.osu.edu> wrote:

> Now that she's gone through most of her congratulatory emails in the past
> two weeks, and will actually see this one, I would like to wish a hearty
> mazel tov to my friend Susan Kusel on her Sydney Taylor book award winning
> book The Passover Guest.
>
> Susan is a past chair of the committee herself and an active member of AJL
> and it is so exciting to see her peers recognize her work. I'm so excited
> for her and to see that shiny gold seal on her book. Mazel Tov Susan!!
> __
> Messages and opinions expressed on Hasafran are those of the individual
> author
> and are not necessarily endorsed by the Association of Jewish Libraries
> (AJL)
>
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran*40lists.service.ohio-state.edu/maillist.html__;JQ!!KGKeukY!kjAbfAcVhrcO5dIeQ6GeksX9TsyQsMxehOuuP3XnMtRyWuS160QDVSKgSD4ts2sV4DNXpTywTeyRT64$
>
> Earlier Listserver:
>
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran*40lists.acs.ohio-state.edu/maillist.html__;JQ!!KGKeukY!kjAbfAcVhrcO5dIeQ6GeksX9TsyQsMxehOuuP3XnMtRyWuS160QDVSKgSD4ts2sV4DNXpTywlbYhcG4$
>
> AJL HomePage
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.JewishLibraries.org__;!!KGKeukY!kjAbfAcVhrcO5dIeQ6GeksX9TsyQsMxehOuuP3XnMtRyWuS160QDVSKgSD4ts2sV4DNXpTywQghEh4I$

Kathleen M. Bloomfield
President, Association of Jewish Libraries:
The Leading Authority on Judaic Librarianship
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jewishlibraries.org/__;!!KGKeukY!kjAbfAcVhrcO5dIeQ6GeksX9TsyQsMxehOuuP3XnMtRyWuS160QDVSKgSD4ts2sV4DNXpTywzsUlldM$

Find me!
Website: forwordsbooks: kids books that matter.
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://forwordsbooks.com/__;!!KGKeukY!kjAbfAcVhrcO5dIeQ6GeksX9TsyQsMxehOuuP3XnMtRyWuS160QDVSKgSD4ts2sV4DNXpTywcYXEMI8$

Instagram: *therealkathybloomfield*
Twitter: @forwordsbooks

"Reading is the key that opens doors to many good things in life. Reading
shaped my dreams, and more reading helped me make my dreams come true."  -
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg