Ari is correct; it may be worth noting that the relevant portion of my
original comment to the NYPL read as follows:

"Recent attention...has focused on the book’s exclusion of Jewish women
from its biographical profiles. Although not my ideal approach, that
exclusion seems to me within the realm of authorial and editorial choice.
What is unquestionably unacceptable is another recently highlighted
problem: the book's introductory map of the Middle East region (pp. 8-9),
which erases the state of Israel entirely and replaces it with a descriptor
of 'Palestine.'"

That the NYPL's response didn't directly acknowledge the erasure may well
be significant, but that wasn't something that I felt equipped to argue
further in the correspondence.

Best to all,
Erika