Shalom Safranim and Friends!

Here is your weekly conference update to keep you informed about the upcoming
Association of Jewish Libraries conference
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jewishlibraries.org/2022-conference/__;!!KGKeukY!hkpLEH25E9Y2gVzA4pHyVVWaDUkwaFnsX5q119HxQFY1S6cmc4DUtvauRZFSFdTcpnNGVIOwhygfutY$
 >, June 27–29, 2022, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. In each update, we will
highlight information to help you make your conference plans.

Reminder: Applications for conference support/student scholarships are due
Friday, March 25. Visit our Conference Support
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jewishlibraries.org/conference-support/__;!!KGKeukY!hkpLEH25E9Y2gVzA4pHyVVWaDUkwaFnsX5q119HxQFY1S6cmc4DUtvauRZFSFdTcpnNGVIOwmr6wKuo$
 > page for more information.

Announcing the 2022 Feinstein Lecture

Who Owns Jewish Cultural Heritage?
Dr. Arthur Kiron, University of Pennsylvania

Dr. Arthur Kiron will deliver the annual Feinstein Lecture during lunch on
Wednesday, June 29, at the Association of Jewish Libraries Conference 2022 in
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Dr. Kiron is the Schottenstein-Jesselson Curator of Judaica Collections and
Adjunct Assistant Professor of History at the University of Pennsylvania. He
received his PhD in Jewish history from Columbia University, an MA in religious
studies from Stanford University, where he focused on the history of Biblical
interpretation, and a BA from Brandeis University, where he graduated magna cum
laude in political theory and women’s studies and was the recipient of the
Giller-Sagan Prize in Women’s Studies. Kiron specializes in the history of
Jewish books as well as the history of Jews in the Atlantic world. He oversees
the Penn Libraries’ Judaica programs of education and outreach, such as
exhibits, concerts, and workshops, as well as national and international
partnerships to digitize significant collections of Judaica. He is the
co-founder of Judaica DH
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://judaicadh.github.io/__;!!KGKeukY!hkpLEH25E9Y2gVzA4pHyVVWaDUkwaFnsX5q119HxQFY1S6cmc4DUtvauRZFSFdTcpnNGVIOwa8aAmjg$
 > at the Penn Libraries , the director of the Jesselson-Kaplan American
Genizah Project
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://judaicadh.github.io/work/american-genizah/__;!!KGKeukY!hkpLEH25E9Y2gVzA4pHyVVWaDUkwaFnsX5q119HxQFY1S6cmc4DUtvauRZFSFdTcpnNGVIOwnd75tTw$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.zooniverse.org/projects/judaicadh/scribes-of-the-cairo-geniza__;!!KGKeukY!hkpLEH25E9Y2gVzA4pHyVVWaDUkwaFnsX5q119HxQFY1S6cmc4DUtvauRZFSFdTcpnNGVIOwE1NcjAw$
 > project. He is the editor of Constellations of Atlantic Jewish History: The
Arnold and Deanne Kaplan Collection of Early American Judaica (2014), recipient
of the Arline Custer Memorial Award. A selection of his publications may be
viewed via the Scholarly Commons open digital repository
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://repository.upenn.edu/do/search/?q=kiron,*20arthur&start=0&context=19929&facet=__;JQ!!KGKeukY!hkpLEH25E9Y2gVzA4pHyVVWaDUkwaFnsX5q119HxQFY1S6cmc4DUtvauRZFSFdTcpnNGVIOwFwcNyA8$
 > at the University of Pennsylvania. For more information about Penn’s Judaica
collections and programs, see
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.library.upenn.edu/collections/subjects/judaic-studies__;!!KGKeukY!hkpLEH25E9Y2gVzA4pHyVVWaDUkwaFnsX5q119HxQFY1S6cmc4DUtvauRZFSFdTcpnNGVIOwGuSpHSU$

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.library.upenn.edu/lkcajs__;!!KGKeukY!hkpLEH25E9Y2gVzA4pHyVVWaDUkwaFnsX5q119HxQFY1S6cmc4DUtvauRZFSFdTcpnNGVIOwfoOIVNg$

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.library.upenn.edu/lkcajs__;!!KGKeukY!hkpLEH25E9Y2gVzA4pHyVVWaDUkwaFnsX5q119HxQFY1S6cmc4DUtvauRZFSFdTcpnNGVIOwfoOIVNg$
 >.

About the Feinstein Lecture
The Association of Jewish Libraries received a grant from the Foundation for
Jewish Culture (FJC) given by the Myer and Rosalind Feinstein family to fund an
annual lecture. Lectures on Judaic bibliography and librarianship were
delivered at the annual conferences from 1996 to 2010. The FJC is no longer
active, but it left AJL with monies to continue these lectures. The Feinstein
Lecture resumed at the 2019 AJL conference and will continue to encourage and
inspire Judaica librarians at future conferences

Visit the 2022 Conference