As we count up to Shavuot, remember there is still time order and receive a
copy of my children's book about the holiday for your library.

I Am Standing At Mount Sinai: a book about Shavuot for young people

Sherry T Wasserman, illus. by Ruthie Cisse.

This vibrantly illustrated hardcover picture book explains the Shavuot
holiday. Told through the eyes of an insightful young girl it retells the
Biblical saga of the Jewish People's encounter with God at Mt. Sinai;
recounts the exciting, scary revelation of the Ten Commandments and the
Torah; links together Passover's story of freedom with Shavuot's emphasis on
acceptance of rules for moral behavior; explains how Shavuot was celebrated
in ancient times and today; makes the vivid story of Mount Sinai and Shavuot
come alive for a new generation of Jewish children. Includes the actual
Hebrew text from Exodus and a glossary.  Available at amazon.com. $20.00

Sherry Wasserman

Volunteer Librarian,

Congregation B'nai Moshe, W. Bloomfield, MI