PRESS RELEASE
Toronto, June 20, 2022

Women in Judaism: A Multidisciplinary e-Journal

We are delighted to announce the electronic publication of the new issue of
Women in Judaism: A Multidisciplinary e-Journal. The journal can be accessed at
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.womeninjudaism.org__;!!KGKeukY!120LzPqo3XIg09CmeKFd021S_4WeEgZFpwNuqUYqxHmDcZh_pvJBKhuISNHPHmqo6jYZt-cY1VIylvudX0Hlgof3SD8cjaA$

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.womeninjudaism.org/__;!!KGKeukY!120LzPqo3XIg09CmeKFd021S_4WeEgZFpwNuqUYqxHmDcZh_pvJBKhuISNHPHmqo6jYZt-cY1VIylvudX0Hlgof3mqXsW8k$

Founded in 1997, the journal is the first multidisciplinary refereed e-journal
solely dedicated to gender-related issues in Judaism.

Vol. 18 No. 1 (2021):

Articles
Women and Witnesses Twice Silenced: Giving a Voice to Holocaust Complicity and
Resistance<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://wjudaism.library.utoronto.ca/index.php/wjudaism/article/view/38910__;!!KGKeukY!120LzPqo3XIg09CmeKFd021S_4WeEgZFpwNuqUYqxHmDcZh_pvJBKhuISNHPHmqo6jYZt-cY1VIylvudX0Hlgof38VgGRN8$

Ann Lazarsfeld-Jensen
What’s the Story with “fictional” Women
Rabbis?<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://wjudaism.library.utoronto.ca/index.php/wjudaism/article/view/38909__;!!KGKeukY!120LzPqo3XIg09CmeKFd021S_4WeEgZFpwNuqUYqxHmDcZh_pvJBKhuISNHPHmqo6jYZt-cY1VIylvudX0Hlgof3Qh_byKE$

David J. Zucker
Belly Mommy, Heart Mommy: Queer Children’s Literature in
Israel<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://wjudaism.library.utoronto.ca/index.php/wjudaism/article/view/38908__;!!KGKeukY!120LzPqo3XIg09CmeKFd021S_4WeEgZFpwNuqUYqxHmDcZh_pvJBKhuISNHPHmqo6jYZt-cY1VIylvudX0Hlgof39rGJFeQ$

Shai Rudin
The Birth Metaphor in Anna Lesznai’s Difference
Feminism<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://wjudaism.library.utoronto.ca/index.php/wjudaism/article/view/38907__;!!KGKeukY!120LzPqo3XIg09CmeKFd021S_4WeEgZFpwNuqUYqxHmDcZh_pvJBKhuISNHPHmqo6jYZt-cY1VIylvudX0Hlgof3INP2D44$

Mari Rethelyi
>From Primordial Being into Genders: Ecofeminist Reading of the Biblical Human
>Creation Narratives in Rabbinic
>Literature<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://wjudaism.library.utoronto.ca/index.php/wjudaism/article/view/38906__;!!KGKeukY!120LzPqo3XIg09CmeKFd021S_4WeEgZFpwNuqUYqxHmDcZh_pvJBKhuISNHPHmqo6jYZt-cY1VIylvudX0Hlgof3FI5ZMBk$

Katja von Schöneman
Book Reviews
Reviewed by Batya Weinbaum, Edith Covensky, Elaine Margolin, and Merle Eisman
Carrus.
New Media Reviews
Reviewed by Batya Weinbaum
Articles, essays, book and media reviews, short notes, and bibliographies from
all disciplines in the Humanities and Social Sciences are welcome. Submissions
are concurrently accepted and should be made by e-mail to: Dr. Dina Ripsman
Eylon, Editor-in-Chief, Women in Judaism: A Multidisciplinary Journal, Email:
dina.ey...@alum.utoronto.ca

The journal considers re-printing peer-reviewed papers or chapters from books
that are not currently available in any digital format. We are also seeking
book reviewers. A complete list of books is available on our Books Received
section, which is updated periodically.