I interviewed the game creator a few years back:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jewishstandard.timesofisrael.com/gaming-maimonides/__;!!KGKeukY!3Zg-vnl0VtDbOSi6TuC0P4sZjwk2Ht1YQeUndFbP4dC0bYfeC13Q4Nj4HosMogZMzypEgLrZTQQAql8ahZZNnhpuQ8XR5KPv7nU$

“Games are rule-based systems,” Dr. Gottlieb said. “And legal systems also
are rule-based systems.” So the question became: “Could we come up with a
game that models legal cases as a way to look at rabbinic literature?”

On Thu, Nov 3, 2022 at 2:03 PM Rachel Leket-Mor via Hasafran <
hasafran@lists.osu.edu> wrote:

> [...]
> prototype of the initial strategy game has been developed with support
> National Endowment for the Humanities. The series pays close attention to
> period details and provides numerous entry points for curriculum. Featured
> at the 2019 Smithsonian American Museum of Art (SAAM) Arcade, winner of the
> best non-digital game at International Meaningful Play, and a Bronze medal
> winner at the International Serious Play competition, these games combine
> engaging table-top play across game genres with opportunities to learn
> about medieval religious history. The first game in the series is a
> strategy game which combines competitive and collaborative play as players
> make tradeoff decisions to balance the needs of their family with needs of
> the wider community. The second game in the series is a party game which
> focuses on legal reasoning. This chapter addresses approaching learning
> environments, from design with experts and playtests with learners to
> participant observation and narrative reports at a high school where the
> game is being used to teach history. Crucial to learning games is the way
> in which they relate to, are interwoven with, and are ultimately embedded
> in curriculum, especially learning outcomes and objectives. This chapter
> will examine strategies and processes that explore that interweaving.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Rachel
>

> Rachel Leket-Mor, Librarian
>
> Curator, Open Stack Collections
>

> IsraPulp Collection, Curator
>
> Center for Jewish Studies, Center for Maghrib Studies, Affiliate
>
> Arizona State University Library
>

> Editor, Judaica Librarianship (2012–Present)
>
> Association of Jewish Libraries
>
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ajlpublishing.org__;!!KGKeukY!3Zg-vnl0VtDbOSi6TuC0P4sZjwk2Ht1YQeUndFbP4dC0bYfeC13Q4Nj4HosMogZMzypEgLrZTQQAql8ahZZNnhpuQ8XRdQ9gwio$
>
> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ajlpublishing.org__;!!KGKeukY!yd9s7D5XG2mz8jFL-p0VcpzdiQigGItAazE6pKZo-0FuQ2lnx1_y_6CFxhx6aq43rSnyWJjloJtUZ90b4ADQJuYQ9Ut0foOZZnZ8FbXf2aU$>
>

> *I acknowledge that Arizona State University is built upon the traditional
> homelands of the Akimel O'odham and Pee-Posh peoples.*
>

> __
> Messages and opinions expressed on Hasafran are those of the individual
> author
> and are not necessarily endorsed by the Association of Jewish Libraries
> (AJL)
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran*40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html__;JQ!!KGKeukY!3Zg-vnl0VtDbOSi6TuC0P4sZjwk2Ht1YQeUndFbP4dC0bYfeC13Q4Nj4HosMogZMzypEgLrZTQQAql8ahZZNnhpuQ8XRGjCOL2Q$
>
> Earlier Listserver:
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran*40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html__;JQ!!KGKeukY!3Zg-vnl0VtDbOSi6TuC0P4sZjwk2Ht1YQeUndFbP4dC0bYfeC13Q4Nj4HosMogZMzypEgLrZTQQAql8ahZZNnhpuQ8XRGjCOL2Q$

Larry Yudelson
Editorial Director
Ben Yehuda Press
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.BenYehudaPress.com__;!!KGKeukY!3Zg-vnl0VtDbOSi6TuC0P4sZjwk2Ht1YQeUndFbP4dC0bYfeC13Q4Nj4HosMogZMzypEgLrZTQQAql8ahZZNnhpuQ8XRM_Pwqek$