Dear Safranim/not,

Our dear colleague Yevgeniya Dizenko passed away last week at the age of 64.
Many of you who worked at or visited JTS Library most likely met or encountered
Yevgeniya who was always happy to help with scans, interlibrary loans, at the
desk in the "old" rare book room, or at the desk in the evening in the new
library.

The Library is creating a fund to purchase books in memory of Yevgeniya. We
welcome contributions, large and small. The contributions can be sent as checks
to the Library or donations can be made online earmarked to the JTS Library
Fund (click down on "dedicate my donation in Memory of " and indicate Yevgeniya
Dizenko.
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://inspired.jtsa.edu/give/311400/*!/donation/checkout__;Iw!!KGKeukY!16cbV1L2P3zI1048yo7R_1GqLHhOTO3W_ApVDrQ8yZpbZ5As1HQVADFqjoqM98FMTyHIL1Rmw0A-2IoPBazSW9o2hJpH$

Yevgeniya Dizenko came to JTS Library about 25 years ago at the time of a large
influx of Jews from the former Soviet Union, shortly after she emigrated to the
United States. She, her husband, and two children settled in Washington
Heights. They later moved to Rockland County, where she lived until her
untimely death at the age of 64.

We recognized Yevgeniya's talents as a graphic artist and entrusted her with
the handling of the library's rare books and manuscripts. She worked part-time
in the rare book room, paging and shelving books and helping users when they
came in to use the room. Further utilizing her artistic talents,  she took on
some significant design roles in the Library, including designing and creating
bookplates and designing bar/bat mitzvah plaques that we created. She also
loved mending books in need of TLC.

With the close of the 1983 library building, Yevgeniya took on new roles,
including working with new periodicals, new books, scanning requests, and
interlibrary loans. She also tended our plants on the seventh floor and
continued to do so during the pandemic.

Yevgeniya was always willing to take on new tasks and learn new skills. She was
always willing to help out with coverage at the front desk and the special
collections desk. We have missed her over the past months of her illness, and
we will continue to miss her.

We will inform Yevgeniya's family of your contribution. We appreciate your
support in memorializing Yevgeniya at the Library.
   With appreciation,

Naomi Steinberger on behalf of the entire Library staff
Naomi M. Steinberger
Director of Library Services
Library of The Jewish Theological Seminary
3080 Broadway
New York, NY 10027

To inspire the Jewish future by sparking discovery of our past.
http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran%40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html
Earlier Listserver:
http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran%40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html