This is an excellent idea, Jackie. Thank you.
Best,Haim

    On Monday, October 16, 2023 at 12:09:41 PM EDT, Jacqueline Benefraim via
Hasafran <hasafran@lists.osu.edu> wrote:

  Shalom, As I was not expecting any support for Israel from ALA, I printed out
AJL's "Love Your Neighbor - Israel" booklist and dropped them off to local
public libraries and bookstores.   Each encounter spent a few minutes
explaining theShalom,
As I was not expecting any support for Israel from ALA, I printed out AJL's
"Love Your Neighbor - Israel" booklist and dropped them off to local public
libraries and bookstores.
Each encounter spent a few minutes explaining the importance of accurate
materials. I then followed up with emails to managers and supervisors. These
few minutes which I might have spent in a coffee shop were well spent. This
small step may not seem as splashy as a big statement from a major
organization, but the money I saved by not buying that $5 latte can then be
donated.
Am Yisra'el Hai,
Jackie

--
Jackie Ben-Efraim

"Although the books had changed, I the reader had not." Micha Yosef
Berdichevsky 1865-1921
Special Collections LibrarianOstrow Library
American Jewish University

https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran*40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html__;JQ!!KGKeukY!ygrs02TbbLwtQjnOJkr9svXS09nWqNCAFMk2nzXiblUkMjaDI_VY9ZEwlXlY7o6CnTm0dZbMpM9tWp8HTthFSQ$

Earlier Listserver:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran*40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html__;JQ!!KGKeukY!ygrs02TbbLwtQjnOJkr9svXS09nWqNCAFMk2nzXiblUkMjaDI_VY9ZEwlXlY7o6CnTm0dZbMpM9tWp8HTthFSQ$