Rebecca, thank you so much! I am sure others will find these links as useful
and on point as I did.

The author has mentioned that the character of Chona was modeled on his
grandmother, who he never met. IMO, one way to honor his grandmother would have
been to insure a close reading of the manuscript by someone reasonably well
grounded in Jewish traditions before it was published.

I think, using Goodreads lingo, I am a “DNF” for this one.

Shavua tov,

Joel

Joel Bresler, Publisher (he/him/his)

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.sephardicmusic.org__;!!KGKeukY!0I0j_UvwV2JlUlhAOzx_WW1wg8lEyZPiT9eKGsjeaqjAhHqznbDLTwWlCELdKURoO9_GkPdduIcrDiI_qtSOwQ$

https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.sephardicmusic.org__;!!KGKeukY!0I0j_UvwV2JlUlhAOzx_WW1wg8lEyZPiT9eKGsjeaqjAhHqznbDLTwWlCELdKURoO9_GkPdduIcrDiI_qtSOwQ$

250 E. Emerson Road

Lexington, MA 02420

United States

 <mailto:joel...@verizon.net> joel...@verizon.net

IN CASE OF VERIZON EMAIL PROBLEMS, PLEASE USE MY BACK-UP EMAIL:

joelbresler-at-gmail.com